Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year...New Goals!

With the dawn of the new year of 2013, everyone focuses on a having a fresh start and yes, I am too! A new year always gives you the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and excuse yourself from all of the things that you failed at in the previous year. Even though 2012 was a monumental year for me, the few things that didn't go well - were very intense and huge life lessons.

I realize that in 2013 things will have to change if I want to experience change for myself. The most pressing issue in my life is my being overweight. Skinny isn't as important to me as being healthy, feeling good and feeling invincible, I would like to be Wonder Woman when I grow up!
So, I will not be on a diet, I will be changing my lifestyle. Here's the plan:

1. Clean eating - ONLY fruits, veggies, chicken, fish and oatmeal
I have high cholesterol and have had it since I was a teenager. I am convinced it is hereditary but I will not make it any worse with my eating habits - and I LOVE all things cheese! I also need to take a break from the red meat and pork as a means to lower my risk for high blood pressure and heart disease.

2. Lots of exercise!
By June, my goal is to have lost 50lbs, be able to run 3.5miles and to have a body mass index under 20%. I will be doing a lot of cardio and circuit training, with Sundays off to allow my body to rest.

Overall wellness is the key so this year, I will be focusing on my health but I also have several other areas to focus on - Graduate school, the National Black MBA Association's Leaders of Tomorrow program and my maternal grandmother's development of Alzheimer's disease. I will be blogging about all of these things periodically and I will be working to establish my own event planning brand, Cosmo Creations! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment