Monday, August 13, 2012

Decide Yourself (Part 2 of 4)



Hello butterflies!!

I say butterflies because I am hoping that everyone is getting something out of this that will change the way they live life.

My second "S" is Sensibility. I originally chose sensibility to mean someone that is sensible or has common sense but I realize that that is not the correct definition for the word. So we will use "sensible" for our purposes.

Sensible: having, using or showing good sense or sound judgement.

Do you live your life in a sensible manner?

After people watching for 26 years, I have observed that not everyone is born with a knack for common sense. Lifestyle choices should not be based on rap lyrics, a superstars' Facebook status or the opinion of someone you're dating. If you can improve your common sense IQ, you're a winner in my book.

“I wish, as well as everybody else, to be perfectly happy; but, like everybody else, it must be in my own way.” 
― Jane AustenSense and Sensibility

Having good judgement simply means that you are aware how your decisions are going to affect your affairs, long term and how they will affect the people in your life:
Pay your rent before you take that trip out of town or spoil your child before you decide to splurge on those new shoes.

I am in a position where I do not have any children, I do not have a mortgage and it isn't because I do not want to own a home or have mini me's, it's because I know that I cannot handle the responsibility. If you have any obligations to meet, those should be the foundation of the lifestyle you choose anyway. Do not take on any responsibility, role or bill unless you can dedicate 100% to it...that's common sense.

Main goals: Budget yourself, weed out unnecessary things, realize what your goals are...

No comments:

Post a Comment