Sunday, August 12, 2012

Decide Yourself (Part 1 of 4)

I had to ask myself the question that every person has to make sooner or later, how do I want to be known?

I have come up with "Four S's" that I relied on to help me decide: Spirituality, Sensibility, Self Esteem and Style.

#1 Spirituality "Be led by the spirit"

I am bias in the topic of spirituality because I am student of the Bible and a woman of Christ. When deliberating over how I would want to be known by others, I found that my decisions were largely based on Biblical principles.

As I have grown older, I noticed that I no longer feel good about making choices that are directly against the teachings of the Bible. The guilt I feel is incredible when I do decide to go against what I know as a Christian. Now I know that I will not choose to go against those principles.

This does not mean that you are the same way. I would suggest that you take some time to yourself and contemplate the decisions you have made that you liked and discover what fueled that choice. Hopefully, the result will be that you will understand yourself better, formulate a course of action to make future decisions and that you will make an effort to develop your system of belief.

Self-reflection is vital for everyone. It is impossible to understand and love others when you do not understand your own motives and are not at peace with them.
Objectives: Peace of Mind, Confidence in Reasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment